Friday, March 20, 2009

Honest Scrap Award


I've just been awarded the Honest Scrap Award by Amal. And just like him, I'm very excited about my first e-award online! Thanks Amal!

I need to fulfill some requirements before I can pass this along to another fellow blogger. To quote from Amal’s blog, here are the requirements:

'This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.

When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!'...

I have, in Tag Two, jotted down 25 things about myself... and believe you me, they are all honest!!! :)

But to honour this award, let me write down 10 more honest things about me (and since the rule involves bragging, I'll quote some of the things my friends have written about me at various occasions) :
1. She is one of a kind who makes you wonder if anything at all can be wrong with the world! Nothing can ever stop this ever-so-optimistic and order-freak once she sets her mind on something!

2. Always smiling and always on the go, she is an epitome of sincerity and being on time.

3. She is one hell of a conversationalist who also loves dishing out sound advice.


4. What I like most about her is, the unique ability to view things in an unbiased way,being blatantly frank and yet her very own caring self...


5. Lots of laughs n a naughty smile that keeps u guessing what’s on her mind, n possibly the only one I have ever known to live life by her very own terms!!! If life could be called a roller coaster ride, having her along sure makes the ride worthwhile!!!.

6. The first thing that you'll notice about her is her smile! She comes into the room and flashes that close-up smile of hers and everyone's got to notice her at once (you attention seeker you!!!!). Shez so chirpy she lights up the room with her smile that reaches her eyes...

7. When she's excited, I really start to wonder where she gets all that energy from. She'll simply go on and on and on...really luv her for that!!! She's tough on the outside but inside she's a real softy...


8. She's someone everyone can relate to...and even if you've just met her, you feel like you know her for ages. A person with whom you can share absolutely everything, she's one of the bestest fundooest most TP person I know... a true blue bong who cant sing rabindra sangeet as good as sidey govinda nos....


9. She appeared in Page 3 of Telegraph once!!!


10. Frank, straightforward, matter of fact, simple, having a zest for life, perennially happy... GOOD PERSON!!


There, I've done it... completely, whole-heartedly (and shamelessly!!! ;) ) bragged about myself...

Now, to keep the award going, I would like to pass it on to the following :

Sayesha : I love the way she articulates her thoughts - very simply and genuinely... love her blog!

Neha : She's a wonderful person and I love her free spirit...

Greatbong : Love his blogposts - the sarcasm, the wit, the humour... downright honest!

Mehreen : I find her blogposts straight from the heart...

Meera : Cute Blog

Akanksha : Completely floored by some of her 55-fictions!

Pri : I like the way she thinks!



11 comments:

  1. sweet heart i'm truly honored!i feel so bad not being able to read this post right now as it's pretty late and i have office tomorrow... i will come back and read it first thing in the morning.

    thank you so much for the award... it's very kind and generous of you!

    take care sweety :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!:)so what did you wear on the red carpet?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay i'm back... :D
    i loved what your friends said about you, got to know a lot more about you :)
    once again, thanks for giving me the honor :) will put it up on my blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. o re thakoor !! ki award korli tui amake ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations...!! and am sure many more will follow suit.. :)

    Nice list u've penned down..and congos to al d awardees too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats !! As a friend (virtual though) I also have some thing to say

    she is the one who is too lazy or ignorant or indifferent in replying to the comments most of the times :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations :)

    **She appeared in Page 3 of Telegraph once!!!

    wah wah!!! bade log...was it for this award :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. DD,

    First visit to your space. Read some of the available posts. Nice ones. Congratulations on winning the coveted award. G spot, good one. Naam mein kyaa hai, I agree with you why change. Cow in the ditch, very thought provoking. Bhalentines Day, LOL.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ WarmSunshine : :) Thanks for taking time out to read the post... would love to see your 10 honest stuff about urself as well...

    @ Indyeah : It was a party at the prestigious Cricket Club in Kolkata and was invited for the same... :)

    @ Life 24*7 : Tomar bangla toh diner por din darun hoe jachhe!!!

    @ i am what i am : Thanks!!!

    @ MultiMenon : Yup! I hope!

    @ Scattered Thoughts : Point completely taken... but I'll tell you something more about myself - when I stand corrected, I try n stick to what I decide to change... so I hereby solemnly promise to respond to the comments henceforth!!! :)

    @ mayz : I wish!!! :) Thanks!

    @ Jack : Thanks Jack... do keep dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  10. heyy sorry about being late..been caught up with a lot of things lately :(
    and thanks a lot for the award
    im honoured! :)

    seems like i missed out on a lot of posts around here..will come back and comment soon

    take care!

    ReplyDelete