Saturday, December 20, 2008

Live it up!!!

When you were a child, think what were your biggest problems... Chances are it will hover around homework, trying to score the highest in class, excelling in extra-curricular activities and if all this were not enough to complete your 24-hour day, you would have been expected to be a model son / daughter and an ideal student. The children of today may also add by telling you that his parents push him too hard and too fast to become a winner and it is far better to be a grown-up than a kid who is forced to listen and abide by his elders.

What were your biggest issues, as a teenager? Chances are you'll talk about interference from parents, too many rules and restrictions, overworked hormones and confusion galore. You may talk about peer-group pressure, love life (or the lack of it), career choices, talking with friends about the same topics over and over because you could not seem to make a decision. You may have felt that you couldn't wait to cross the magic age of eighteen when finally people will look at you like an adult and take you seriously.

Ask yourself what your biggest worries are and chances are they'll be about loans, money, the future and making a life for yourself. Maybe you are not married and you keep wondering why you can't meet anyone decent enough that you want to get to know better... or you get dumped and wonder how someone you loved so much could do this to you... or maybe you are married to the completely wrong person and you lie in bed wondering why did it have to happen to you...You worry about looking after your family, raising children and building a career. A closer look at your career path may make you realise that it is not even close to what you thought you would be doing, or maybe you are looking for a job and realizing that you are going to have to start at the bottom scares you.

As you grow older, your worries compound - losing your youth, your head and finally your life.

One of my friends forwarded this to me on mail and it set me thinking...


Antares is the fifteenth brightest star in the sky and more than 1000 light years away. ... so, how big are we and hence how big are the things that upset us today?

Wow!!! Some perspective!

Who is free from all worries? I don't believe anyone is. Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. We are in our best of times and our worst of times, trying as hard as we can to figure this whole thing out. If we all are to leave this world someday, why should we spend precious seconds, thinking of what can go wrong and why things never happen the way we want. Nothing lasts forever so...

Live it up, drink it down, do stupid stuff, love, laugh it off, avoid the BS, take chances... and never have regrets!!!

It's a song by Natural called Paradise and the lyrics aptly sum it all up :

I live the long life
To get to where I am right here
I walk the long road
With just the wind in my hair
All I have is my smile
I began to lose track
I walked on for miles
And I never looked back
I’m not the kind of guy To get left out in the cold

Walked on forever And I’ll never grow old
Don’t wanna live the real life
Working nine to five
Find a piece of paradise
Finally feel alive
I live my life to the fullest
I have no regrets
I’d have to stack the deck
To win all my best

I feel a fire burning
Deep inside my soul
(deep inside my soul)
I hold onto my destiny
And I’ll never let it go
Cuz I live my own life
Found what I set out to
And I’ll never look back Because I found paradise
Devote my whole life to
Never giving up again
Follow your heart, your mind, your soul
Hold onto your dreams
And never let them go.

... so, Explore! Dream! Discover! Now...


4 comments:

  1. Sydney Harris said "When I hear someone sigh, 'Life is hard,'I am tempted to ask 'Compared to what?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. @NSIyer : Sir, you should write on it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i received a fwd mail abt the same....it is such a wonder innit?....it makes u feel like NOTHING.....really humbles u

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! thanks for the post.. read it at the right time.. looks like God has sent a messenger angel through you to comfort me today.. :)

    ReplyDelete