Friday, March 13, 2009

Immortality

...
Immortality
I make my journey through eternity
I keep the memory of you and me inside

Fulfill your destiny,
Is there within the child,
My storm will never end,
My fate is on the wind,
The king of hearts, the joker's wild,
We don't say goodbye,
We don't say goodbye,
I'll make them all remember me

This is one of my favourite Celine Dion songs - Immortality.

Some things are immortal… Blogs, for example, keep you alive, long after you have gone... so do books you have authored, music you have written, movies you have made... lives you have touched.

It is such a beautiful way to stay connected with people, isn't it? After all, there is nothing so binding as shared experiences. Whether it is through our work or our craft, we touch so many lives and the moments just live on, long after you are gone. Today, when I read the books of authors long gone, I can still imagine the era they tried to capture in their writings, the magic they tried to weave in their words... when I listen to music, I picture in what moment of inspiration would such beautiful lyrics and tunes have got composed... when I read blogs, I can relive my life moments through the eyes and words of others - people who I've never met and yet share so much similarity with.

I think that is what we all are primarily here to do - spread smiles and cheer and become evergreen in the lives and hearts of as many people as we possibly can.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess im the first one to comment..
    rightly said "there is nothing so binding as shared experiences"
    ive felt the same thing while reading classics..
    its true that whatever u have given to others.. whether it is in the form of works of arts or just common experiences.. is the one that makes you truly immortal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well said dewdrop, loved the song.
    sometimes we get lost in the material world and forget the essence of our lives. keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very true.
    I could relate to it,almost effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the song:)
    its beautiful
    yes I agree with everything expressed so beautifully here but most of all with this..''I think that is what we all are primarily here to do - spread smiles and cheer and become evergreen in the lives and hearts of as many people as we possibly can.''
    :)
    Keep spreading the smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this one gal, i think so much alike on this one !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Girl,
    Remember this poem [you sent this to me a long long time back]

    " It saddens me now I must admit
    How somehow, someway,
    I did forget Laughing with old friends of mine
    During summers when the sun would shine.

    And then I thought of you."

    I guess, I'll keep my analysis short this time ;)

    Interesting blog- Hadn't seen this before..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I agree...
    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey.. me too a die hard Celine Dion fan :)) and yeah.. keep spreading the smile :)

    ReplyDelete